Wednesday, May 12, 2010

very blessed

I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum with my friend Anderson from the UGA program, ate fish cakes, had tea... weird to see a Cortona friend in another country. It'll be even weirder to see everybody eventually in the states. Anyways, then I went to meet up with Mina and had a shandy with her coworkers and went to watch Sister Act (the musical) at the London Palladium. It was sooo good, much better than I expected. I even cried a little once haha.

Yesterday I went to the British Museum and got my ticket for the Italian Renaissance drawing exhibit, then to the Hunterian Museum and saw tons of strange things: intestines of different animals, ears, eyes, an abnormally large skull, still born baby fetus from 5 weeks to 9 months, dissected animals... it was fascinating, i loved it!

The day before I went to the National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery and the British Library. The National Gallery is still probably my favorite. I went through the most of the museums, saving my loved one for last and came face to face with a plaque with a tiny photo of Virgin of the Rocks saying "We regret to inform you..." It was in restoration. WOW. So I spent the next hour drawing a few Mary faces from the da Vinci drawing they had there instead. National Portrait Gallery had some interesting things but a lot of portraits of British royalty throughout the centuries that was kind of boring. The British Library was really interesting in the exhibit area, the library itself is just huge but normal. There were original manuscripts by several musicians including Handel's Messiah, Chopin... tons of other manuscripts like illuminated Islamic and Christian books, the Magna Carta, pages from da Vinci's notebooks... then I went to Mina's work to meet up with her. I've been to her work for the past 3 days at 5:25pm, getting to know her coworkers pretty well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment